Monday, May 2, 2011

We celebrated my 28th birthday yesterday with a day full of family fun.  I was woken up by Hannah coming and telling me happy birthday and then crawling into bed with me.  Then I got to go back to sleep while Sam and Hannah made me some breakfast in bed.  After breakfast we loaded into the car and decided to take a trip down to the river.  This was our first time taking the kids there and our first family "hike."  Hannah was a great hiker and Reagan was a great traveler in her jogger.  We explored mini waterfalls, caves, climbed rocks, saw geese, climbed out over the water on rocks and trees and finally took our shoes off and waded in the freezing cold water.  It was a great time! 






 Here is Hannah and Daddy doing their "jaguar eyes."  It helps you see in the dark.


 Snack time on the big rocks
 Reagan got to check out the water too.
After we got home and everyone got a much needed nap, we headed to a local art festival held at Hannah's school.  They had some great stuff and some fun stuff for Hannah to do.  We headed home and Sam made me an amazing dinner and Hannah and Sam made a yummy cake for me.  It was a great birthday!

No comments: