Sunday, November 13, 2011

When I woke up today, after having worked last night, I was in for a big surprise!  I came downstairs and Sam brought me a plastic bag with a bunch of pretty blonde hair in it, and did not at all prepare me for what I was about to see.  Hannah had given herself a haircut!  Her pretty long blonde hair was now a horrible mullet-like mess!  I instantly started crying and Hannah tried to make me feel better by telling me it was okay.  I know most little kids do this at some point in time, but Hannah loved her hair and wanted it to be "long like Rapunzel,"  so I never thought she would do this with her little safety scissors!  She didn't just take off a little bit.  She cut the hair all around her face really short, leaving the long hair in the back.  We, of course, had to bring her to get it fixed pretty quickly, since I knew she couldn't head off to preschool like that tomorrow.  We ended up cutting it pretty short and she actually looks pretty cute with it like that.  She promised never to cut her own hair again!  
 Here are some pictures of the hack job she did to her hair and the long mullet in the back!

Here are the after pictures!  She is still super cute, but this is not how I imagined her first major haircut happening!


2 comments:

Lauren Lynch said...

Breaks a mom's heart, but she does look adorable now and you'll always have this story to tell!

ErikaM said...

Don't feel too bad. Its happened to me about 3 times with Ava. We no longer own any safety scissors! Of course Charlie was watching her while she did it! I was at work! New cut looks cute!