Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Decking the Halls!

Christmas is my favorite holiday! I just love this time of year! It is so fun to be able to teach Hannah all about Christmas and pass on all our Christmas traditions to her. We decorated the house for Christmas this past week. Hannah is loving all the decorations. She keeps pointing to the stockings hanging from the mantel and telling me "socks!" She is so cute!
I am hoping to take her to see Santa this week. I am sure she will be terrified of him this year. She has a major fear of facial hair, but we will at least attempt it so we can say we tried to visit Santa.

Another exciting thing for us this year is that we actually got a real tree! Sam and I have always had an artificial one and even growing up I never had a real tree except maybe when I was real little, so this was very exciting for us. We went out in the cold a couple days ago and picked out a really pretty tree. The house smells so nice and it looks so good! I don't think we will ever go back now! It was quite an experience getting it in the house and in the stand but well worth the effort.

We put on some Christmas music and pulled out the decorations for the tree last night. Hannah wanted so badly to help with the decorating and I felt like the whole time we kept saying, "No," "Don't touch," "Careful" to little Hannah. We have so many ornaments that are breakable, but we did find some she could help with and they are hanging near the bottom of the tree within her reach. She was a great helper and had a good time with it. It was so fun to be able to do this as a family and we can't wait to have another little one to share the next Christmas season with us!
Here she is admiring the tree!

No comments: